If you already have an Ancestry account and the Ancestry Subscription/Membership has expired, you can Renew Ancestry Subscription to the same account you had earlier.
In this blog, we will guide you through a step-by-step procedure for renew ancestry subscription and After doing this if you still facing any issues then, you can contact us.
Restarting Your Ancestry Subscription
Also, for restarting the ancestry membership, you need to follow these steps as follows.
- You must sign into the same account you used earlier. Once you are logged in to the same Ancestry account you must go to your Account settings page.
- On the Account settings page, scroll to the Modify membership section, and you can select a membership type.
- You are given different choices and the respective price for it. Once you select the best for you and then click on Upgrade.
- You would need to enter your payment information and proceed to Start membership.
- When you have an account with Ancestry, it is, most of the time, automatically renewed. You have the option to select the membership renewal period.
For example, monthly memberships renew each calendar month, semi-annual memberships renew every six months, and annual memberships renew every year.
You get the renewal notification emails well in advance. Normally Ancestry sends the renewal email a month prior to the renewal date for six-month and annual memberships.
It is important to note, that Ancestry does not send the renewal email if you have monthly memberships. If you have an Ancestry membership, it does not mean that you cannot cancel it when you do not need it.
You can cancel the membership automatic renewals at any given point in time. There are no extra charges to cancel the automatic renewals.
Can you cancel ancestry membership?
If you want to cancel an Ancestry subscription, you must first make sure you purchased a subscription in the Ancestry app (via the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon)? So, the first thing you need to do is cancel your subscription through Apple, Google Play, or Amazon.
After cancelling, check the email address associated with your Ancestry account to confirm your cancellation.
Steps for How to cancel Ancestry Membership
If you want to know how to cancel ancestry membership, then follow the given steps, so that you can easily cancel your ancestry subscription.
- You have to, first of all, move ahead to the Ancestry website and then you need to login into there.
- After that, you need to move ahead to your profile mentioned in the top right corner.
- After doing so, you need to go to your account mentioned in the menu that will be appeared on your device.
- You have to then go under the subscription options mentioned given at the right-hand side of the next page. There, you need to go to the cancel subscription option.
- After that, you need to go to enter your password field, If you forget it, then you can easily reset your ancestry password.
- There, you have to write down and then go ahead to continue the option quickly.
- You have to then provide a good reason for cancelling your membership. For that, you need to go to can you share with us why you are thinking of leaving the field. There, you need to write the answer accordingly and then finally, go to the continue option.
- After that, you need to confirm that you are finally wishing to cancel your respective subscription. If you are confirming, then you need to go to continue to cancel option quickly.
- Finally, you have to go to cancel my membership option and then finally, you will receive an email for the confirmation of cancelation.
The refund policy of Ancestry’s membership
- Two-week free trial: You can quickly cancel your free trial at any time you want but within its duration only then you don’t need to pay for anything.
- The initial purchase of a non-monthly subscription: The first time you need to upgrade to a premium account with a plan lasting more than a month then you will instantly receive the full refund but only if you will cancel it within 30 days of the purchase. Also, if you have purchased the membership via a free trial then the 30-day period will instantly start after the free trial ends.
- Renewal of non-monthly subscription: If you have a membership that has a subscription for more than a month term and it automatically gets renewed then you will get a complete refund but only if you cancel it within a week of the renewal date.
- Gift subscription: If a member has given you a gift, then you have to simply cancel it within a week but only, if it was not your first time. Or within 30 days your account will get upgraded instantly and also, the subscription must be longer than a one-month term.
Pausing and Refunds on Ancestry
If you want to pause your Ancestry subscription, after selecting the Cancel Subscription link, choose Pause Subscription > Continue > 1 Month or 2 Months > Pause.
Will ancestry refund my money?. If you wish to receive a refund for your Ancestry membership, there are two conditions you must meet. Firstly, if you cancel your subscription during the free trial period, your membership will be terminated immediately.
Secondly, if you cancel your subscription after the trial period has ended, your membership will be cancelled once your current plan has expired.
Below are the some Troubleshoot point you should keep your find when you are canceling your ancestry membership.
Preventing automatic renewal
Unless it is a gift subscription, all Ancestry subscriptions will automatically renew unless you cancel them.
If you cancel your subscription during the Refund Period, your subscription will immediately end and will not be renewed.
In case you cancel your Ancestry subscription outside the Refund Period, your membership will expire at the end of your current billing period, and it will not renew.
Billed after cancelling
If you have been charged for your Ancestry membership even after cancelling it, it is possible that you have created a duplicate Ancestry account.
Blank page when trying to cancel
When you see a blank page when trying to cancel subscription consider disabling your ad blocker or using an incognito tab or window in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to complete the cancellation process.
What happens after cancellation?
When your membership is cancelled, you will still have an account with Ancestry as a Registered Guest and this Registered Guest account is free.
Deleting your account
If you choose to delete your Ancestry account, all information on your account will be permanently deleted, including family trees, records, photos, and DNA results.
Before deleting your account, you should carefully consider whether you want to lose all your data and the potential benefits of having an Ancestry account.
The important thing to note here is that you can cancel your subscription without deleting your account.
Viewing the Renewal or Expiration date of your Membership
For viewing the renewal or expiration date, you need to go to the account settings page and then there you will find any one of the options given below:
- Renews on: Your membership is still active and will get automatically renewed on the respective date.
- Expires: Your membership is active currently and will end on the given date. Also, it will not get renewed automatically. So, if you need to renew it then you need to simply go to continue membership and then go to verify your billing information. Finally, you need to go to continue membership.
Registered Guest: This account doesn’t have any kind of active membership. You can easily restart the membership at any time from the respective modifying membership section of the account settings page at an affordable Ancestry subscription cost.
What Happens When Ancestry Subscription Expires?
When your Ancestry membership expires, you should check it under the accounts section. You must log in to the account to check it.
If the status shows “Registered guest,” it means your Ancestry membership has expired. Verify your account and add payment information to continue with the membership.
You will have different renewal options to renew your Ancestry membership. You can select the best and activate it again.
How much does ancestry.com cost?
For Renew Ancestry membership, You have the choice of selecting the membership plans as per your need. You have monthly, semi-annually, and annually membership options. Moreover, you also have the choice to select the best Ancestry package for yourself.
There are three categories from which you can choose whichever you think is the best fit for you according to your research.
These are namely – U.S. Discovery, World Explorer, and All Access.
You can log into your account to check for the prices. These prices are offered, sometimes, at a discount. You can avail of the available discount to save a lot and subscribe for a longer time.
In the whole article, you learned about how to Renew Ancestry Subscription? and also what is the cost to renew ancestry subscription.
If still, you need some help related to ancestry payment options then you need to quickly contact the experts right away for help.
For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. You can also connect with us via genealogist live chat support. It is our free tech support service.
- Adding People To A Tree
- How to login to ancestrydna account
- How To Add Siblings To Ancestry Family Tree
- Cannot Stay Signed into the Ancestry Account
Ans: One year’s subscription of ancestry com cost is $99. You can also take 6-months ancestry membership.
Ans: There are three different types of ancestry subscription plans which are US Discovery, World Explorer, and all access. The cost of these memberships is $49, $74, and $99.
Ans: No, it is cost-effective and the best thing about this is you can cancel your ancestry subscription at any time. This is one of the best ways to create a bond with your family.
Ans: AncestryDNA package is the best choice for genealogy search and family history records.