How To Delete Ancestry Account?
In Addition, we will discuss How To Delete Ancestry Account. Read this article carefully and follow the steps for deleting the ancestry account. If you are still facing any issues or need any help Visit our website or you can call our toll-free number +1-800-566-7300.
Step-by-Step Procedures on How To Delete Ancestry Account
- Go to ancestry.com/secure/account/delete and sign in to your ancestry account with your email and password.
- It will display the list of subscriptions that will be deleted from your account. Check the box.
- It will list the tree(s) that will be deleted from your account. Check the box.
- Then it will confirm that your DNA testing results will be deleted. Check the boxes and then click. ‘Next step’.
- In the pop-up box, click ‘Next step’. This will be consenting to the deletion of your account. You will not be able to access your account or undo the deletion after this. All of your personal data will be deleted within 30 days (Note: Do not close the box, as you will need to enter a verification code from your email.)
- Open your email in a new tab, where you will find an email with a verification code. It is best to continue with the process right away as the code expires after eight hours. Copy the code.
- Paste the code into the verification box and click ‘Delete account’.
- You will then receive a final email confirming the deletion of your account.
Disposing of Your Saliva Sample
- Call Ancestry’s corporate headquarter.
- Press 1 for assistance with your account. Next, you have to press 3 for product support and press 1 for Ancestry DNA kits. This should quickly get you to a person.
- And then inform the person that you want your DNA sample disposed of. They will ask for the email associated with your account, and maybe for the activation code that you had used when taking the saliva sample.
- They will then contact the lab to have your sample disposed of. You can ask to be notified once it is destroyed
- We would recommend doing this before deleting your account to make sure that they still know which DNA sample is connected to your account.
- Then you have to ask for a follow-up confirmation.
In this blog post, you learned how to Delete Ancestry Account step by step guide. Need any help call us.