Sign in to FamilySearch and Sign out
Are you trying to sign in to your account in FamilySearch? And therefore would like to know more about FamilySearch Login? Here, you will find the simple and easy steps for family search sign in from your device.
If you would like to use the features provided on FamilySearch then you will require signing into your account. Additionally, doing so also includes the use of Family Tree in order so that you get to search the free collection of the online digital records of FamilySearch.
Now if you do not have an account, then you would first need to create an FamilySearch free account.
3 Simple Easy Steps for Family Search Login
Below we have given the simple easy steps for familysearch.org login, please follow the given steps.
Steps for Website
- First Go to FamilySearch.org for sign.
- Then in the upper right corner of the page, you will need to click on the ‘Sign In’ button. (But if you do find ‘Sign In’ in the menu, then click on the icon with three horizontal lines and then click on the ‘Sign In’ button).
- After that, you must enter your FamilySearch account username and password.
- If you have forget your FamilySearch account username and password, and you want to recover it your mobile and email, then you should visit this link.
- You could even select an icon if you want to use another existing account to sign in with, such as Facebook, Google, Apple etc. account.
- Next, if you would like to stay signed in for two weeks then click on the ‘Keep me signed in for 2 weeks’.
- After that, click on the ‘Sign In’ option.
NOTE: You will need to keep in mind that the ‘Keep me signed in for 2 weeks’ feature is linked to cookies and passwords for familysearch.org right in the browser settings.
Therefore this feature will not work across other browsers or in your browser after cookies; cache and temporary files have been deleted.
For Mobile App
- First of all, you will need to open the Family Tree or Memories mobile app and then tap on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Next, you must enter your username as well as password in the given fields.
- Then click on ‘Sign In’ option.
Steps For Family Tree Lite
- You must begin by going to Family Tree Lite.
- After doing that, you must enter your username and password correctly.
- And then, you will need to click on ‘Sign In’.
How Do I logout of FamilySearch?
For sign out from FamilySearch account, you need to follow these steps as follows given below.
FamilySearch Logout is very important that you sign out of your account no matter what account you may use especially if other people are also accessing the same computer phone or tablet as you do.
When you do sign out from FamilySearch, then you should do it from the FamilySearch website, the FamilySearch mobile apps and the Family Tree Lite.
Doing so will help to protect the data about your living relatives and also helps to prevent others from making unauthorized or unintentional changes using your account.
Would you like to stay signed in?
If you want to stay signed in then on the website you will find an option to remain signed in for up to 2 weeks. And then when 2 weeks have passed the system will sign you out. And then you would need to enter your password again before you can use the site.
If you are using mobile apps then even your sign-in will remain for weeks and after that, the system will sign you out.
After which you must enter your password when asked before the application can communicate with FamilySearch so that the updates are downloaded or uploaded.
Are multiple people using the same mobile device?
You must be careful with your account if there are many people accessing the same computer as you. If there are other people signing into one of the mobile apps on the same device then the data stored leave the device and then is replaced with other users’ data. But the information is not lost as it’s available on FamilySearch and whenever you sign in the app will then reload your data again.
Changing your Familysearch free account password
Now if you change your account password, then you must sign out and then enter the new password as soon as you can or the system can lock the account for that time. Hence you cannot access any FamilySearch products with a locked account.
Sign out from the website
- Firstly, when you are sign in to FamilySearch account then you should click on your name.
- After that, click on the ‘Sign Out’ button.
On the mobile app
- For Android – Go to the top left of the screen and tap on the 3 lines.
- Apple iOS – At the bottom of the screen and then tap on the ‘More’ option.
- After doing so, at the bottom of the list of options, tap on the ‘Sign Out’ button.
On Family Tree Lite
- While signed in to family tree lite, click on the Sign Out’ icon which is located in the top right side corner.
This is how you can easily sign out from your family search account quickly.
If still, something is bothering you related to FamilySearch Sign in. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. You can also connect with us via genealogist live chat support. It is our free tech support service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans:- Yes, FamilySearch app is totally free.
Ans:- First, of all clear your cookies at https://familysearch.org/cookies. If you still have the same issue then you need to recover your username and password if you forgot your username or password so you can contact us at +1-800-566-7300.
Ans:- We recommend using Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, or Firefox.
Ans:- No, FamilySearch is a service of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While MyHeritage, Findmypast, and Ancestry are each separate companies
Ans:- When researching my non-European ancestors and relationships, I find that FamilySearch gives much more accurate and better results than Ancestry.
Ans:– In my opinion, both are similar records/data. The main difference between ancestry and FamilySearch is, Ancestry is paid and FamilySearch is free of cost. You can also use both for searching your ancestors’ records.