Moving Trees Between Ancestry Accounts
If you want to moving trees between ancestry accounts then in such case, you have to download the tree as GEDCOM file from the respective account and then you have to upload it to the respective account.
If you have two account and one has membership and another account is without membership. Then move your family tree on that account which has membership so that you can access and add sources to the tree.
Download Your Ancestry Family Tree In Easy Steps
If you want to download your ancestry family tree then first you need to login your ancestry account. Remember one thing that is login with the same id for which you registered for ancestry account. Skip to the uploading a tree section if someone else send you the tree file.
For Downloading The Tree, You Need To Follow The Steps As Follows
- You have to first of all, move ahead to the top-left corner and then choose the tree name menu
- Go to tree Settings and then choose Export Tree.
- After that, you need to give a Right Click on Download your GEDCOM file.
- After doing so, it will get downloaded and then go to the menu option.
- There, give a right click on the respective button there and then go to save as, save target or choose save link as depending on your convenient.
- Go to Desktop and then go ahead to Save Option there and then the tree file will get easily appeared on the respective desktop.
Upload Your Ancestry Family Tree
Please do the same as you did for the downloading the tree, means login with your ancestry account and then follow the given instructions for uploading a tree.
To Upload A Tree, You Need To Follow The Steps As Follows
- First of all, Choose the Trees Tab and then go ahead to Create and Manage Trees option.
- After that, then go to GEDCOM file option there and then have to go to choose file or browse option.
- After that, you need to choose the tree and then go to open option.
- Write down the name for the respective tree and for making it viewable, choose make my family tree public. But if you want that your tree remain private then don’t check the check box. By default your family tree is public.
- After that, you need to then write down the description. If your tree is public, this description will be public.
- After uploading and accept the terms and conditions, your family tree will appear under the trees tab.
I hope this article is helpful as we discussed Moving Trees Between Ancestry Accounts. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. In addition, you can connect via Live chat with experts via family tree creator support.