Access Violation Error comes up due to the following reasons:
Access violation errors may come up while you install or use RootsMagic 8 on your macOS.
- A conflict with an existing app on your Mac. (Usually an antivirus application).
- The video card driver is outdated.
- Outdated application programming interfaces (API)your Mac
There are fifty reasons why Access Violations errors can occur. Here is the list of steps to try and fix this error on your computer.
Steps to Fix Access Violation Error Message
Open your RootsMagic software on your Mac and then click on:
- File>Database Tools
- Run all options in consecutive order.
If any issues come up again, run them a second time. Check if that fixes the error.
You can also run your anti-virus software program if any on your mac.
- Firstly, do a full scan on your Anti- Virus
- Run MacKeeper/Norton/Sophos/Kaspersky Anti- Virus. If you haven’t installed it on your Mac, you may download and install a free scanner from their website.
- Make RootsMagic an exception in the Mac Firewall.
- Your mac has a built-in firewall system that helps you to protect the machine from Virus infection and malware. When you go to Ancestry or Websearch on RootsMagic 8, the firewall does not allow you to access third-party websites. Which results in Access Violation Error.
- You can add RootsMagic 8 to your Mac firewall settings. Go to System Preferences and then click on Security and Privacy. You will find a Golden Lock to make changes.
- Enter your admin password to unlock and then click on the Firewall tab at the top.
- You can turn on the Firewall. Then click on the Firewall Options.
- In the Firewall Options, click on the + Plus. Then click on Applications.
- Scroll down the list to select RootsMagic 8. Select RootsMagic 8 by tapping on it.
- This process will add RootsMagic 8 to the firewall exception list.
After the above steps, you can shut down your Mac and turn it back on after a minute.
Then, open your RootsMagic and see if the issues have been resolved.
Please note down it will be best to disconnect from the internet,
- When your anti-virus and anti-malware tools are running.
- Because bugs have a tendency to “call” home when you try to remove them.
You can also call the experts on the phone to have this issue diagnosed and fixed, in case of these steps do not fix the problem. You can reach us on +1-800-566-7300.