Here in this blog, we are going to learn how to use RootsMagic To-Go feature. You will require a flash drive and your computer should have a USB port so you can use this feature. If you do not have one of these then you will not be able to use RootsMagic To-Go.
What is RootsMagic To-Go In Roots Magic?
It is a feature provided by RootsMagic which helps user to take their family tree on a flash drive. So, if you are travelling or visiting your family or friend in different state and you do not wish to take your desktop or laptop then you can use this feature.
This feature will allow you to open your tree on any laptop or desktop if the device has usb port. So if you are travelling and still want to do genealogy research or if you are travelling for your research and if you do not carry your computer, this feature will still help you to do your research.
Why We Use RootsMagic To-Go?
If you are thinking that why should you use rootsmagic to go whenever you have rootsmagic app for rootsmagic software. So in this paragraph, we will tell you why you should you use rootsmagic to go.
Rootsmagic to go is a feature that offer you easy to access of your family tree any time from anywhere. With rootsmagic to go feature you can easily access your family tree by putting it on a single drive. And for this you don’t need to download or install any software like Rootsmagic app. If you use roots magic app for viewing your family tree then first you need a drive where you can install this app.
System Requirement For RootsMagic To-Go
Here we give some specification that you need to know before using rootsmagic to go.
1. RAM Should be 4GB.
2. Your system should be compatible for USB.
3. System should be windows 96 or later and mac should be 8.6 or later. You can also use this for Linux 2.4 X.
4. USB version should be 2.0 or 1.1.
If your system has the above specifications then you can go for rootsmagic to go feature.
How To Make A USB Flash Drive RootsMagic To-Go Enabled?
- If you have downloaded RootsMagic 8 in your pc then go to program file (x86) in c drive. location and copy the rootsmagic 8 folder and paste it in your usb flash drive.
- Please paste the place database too as this database is very important, path for this folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\RootsMagic Shared\PlaceDB\ folder.
- Open the folder and right click on rootsmagic.exe to create shortcut, save this shortcut to c drive or desktop. Please rename rootsmagic.exe to rootsmagiclauncher.exe.
- Make sure to move all the data from your C drive (rootsmagic default data location) to USB drive by copying and pasting it to the usb drive.
Thus, you need to follow the above steps for RootsMagic to go on USB Drive. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. You can also connect with us via genealogist live chat support. It is our free tech support service.
FAQ On RootsMagic To-Go
Ans: First open RootsMagic software on your computer. Then now you need to take a backup from your old computer. The easiest way to do that is just email the file to yourself. Now go to your new computer and open the file that you mail yourself. Download the file to your new computer.
Ans: RootsMagic 8 is available and you can download it free new version named RootsMagic 8 essentials. You can use RootsMagic 8 for both Windows and macOS.
Ans: First open the official site then click on the download button under RootsMagic 7.
Ans: If you purchase RootsMagic 8 from the website then you will receive a key of RootsMagic 8. Go to your mail-id and open the link and insert the key of the software.
- Family Tree Maker 2019 Download and Install
- Upgrade Family Tree Maker 2019
- Create Free Online Genogram Maker
- RootsMagic Essentials Vs RootsMagic 7 | Software Differences