If you are looking for delete FamilySearch account, then you have come to the right place. In this blog, you will learn about the simple steps to delete FamilySearch Account. Before deleting the FamilySearch account, we should know about the history of family searches.
What is FamilySearch?
FamilySearch is a website and non-profit organization that provides genealogy records, education, and software. This organization is operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and is closely connected with the church family history department. FamilySearch maintains a collection of records, resources and services that connect people to learn about their family history. This organization’s main website is familysearch.org. familysearch.org is a free online genealogy database, that includes millions of records of people from around the world. It provides digital copies of historical documents as well as access to a variety of tools and resources such as searching your ancestor’s, building family trees and downloading your family search trees.
Some Important Points, Before Delete FamilySearch Account
Here we give some important points that you should check before delete your family search account.
- When you delete your account, you should note that you lose contributor rights to discussions, sources, memories and GEDCOM uploads.
- One more thing, if you have more than one family search account, you cannot merge them.
- You can also lose visibility information in family tree, which is as follows.
- Living or confidential people in the family tree
- Your following list
- My contributions information
- Indexing statistics
What you lost after deleting your account?
What does you lost when you delete FamilySearch account? Check out the points below to know.
- Your account and settings
- Historical records
- collaborative contributions
- Indexing totals and reviewer privileges
What remains after deleting your account?
- Information You’ve Added to the Family Tree.
- Any memories you have added to the family tree, such as photos, stories, documents, or audio files.
- Any GEDCOM files you have uploaded to FamilySearch for importing family tree data will be deleted.
Steps for Delete Your Family Search Account?
Below we have given the simple easy steps for how to delete my familysearch.org account, please follow the given steps.
Steps for Website
- First, go to FamilySearch, then sign in to your FamilySearch account, that you want to delete.
- After that, click on the top right corner, click your name and then click settings.
- After that, click the account tab and click delete account.
- After this a new window will open, click continue to verify that you want to permanently delete your account.
- Then, enter your username or password to verify your identity. If you have forgotten your FamilySearch username or password, then visit this post to recover it.
- Then click delete account.
Steps for Mobile
If you want to delete your account using the apple iOS version, then you can easily delete it from the FamilySearch family tree mobile app. But if you have android device, then use website.
- Open familysearch family tree mobile app on your mobile device.
- In the bottom right, you will see 3 lines icon, click on it.
- Then click on settings.
- Then click on account.
- After that, you will see the message, read the message carefully and then tap continue.
- To verify your identity, sign in.
- And then tap delete account.
This is the complete process of family search deleting account.