Merging Duplicate People in the Ancestry App
If you need to merge duplicate people in the Ancestry app then must go through this content quickly. In this content, you will find the simple steps for merging duplicate people in the Ancestry app. So, move ahead and also, for any details related to ancestry merge duplicates, contact the experts right now for help.
When you’re merging people in the Ancestry app, you can choose which facts and relationships to keep and which to leave. So it is better to merge duplicate people ones rather than deleting one.
Before fixing the problem of duplicate people, you also need to consider whether there are actually any duplicates or not. The reason for this can also be that due to the mistakes of marriage or relationship in the tree among the family members, they are visible many times.
Steps For Merging Duplicate People In the Ancestry App
For merging the duplicate people mentioned in the Ancestry app, follow the steps mentioned below
- You need to, first of all, open the tree mentioned in the Ancestry app.
- After that, go ahead to the bottom-right corner of the respective tree and then need go to the search person icon.
- There, you need to find people with similar or identical names. Also, if someone has been listed twice then they can be easily merged and then go to the name.
- You need to then move ahead to the profile page of the respective duplicate person.
- Go to the three dots mentioned in the top-right corner and then choose to merge with duplicates.
- You have to then go to the suggested person under person 2 or just, or you need to use the search by name field quickly.
- Go ahead and then write down the name and then you have to choose the primary facts that you need to appear for the merging person.
- Also, if you need to compare two people then you need to choose to compare details.
- Go to merge mentioned at the top-right corner and then for continuing merging, go ahead to the yes option there.
Thus, after following the above steps, you can immediately merge duplicate people in the Ancestry app. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. You can also connect with us via genealogist live chat support. It is our free tech support service.