Overview of FTM 2019 New Update 24.2
Are you looking out for the most accurate information regarding FTM 2019 new update 24.2? Well, then you should know that you have finally found just the perfect blog as here you will be guide according with everything that you taught to know in detail. You can be assure that the Family tree maker 24.2 new update is the right choice.
FTM 2019 Version History
Find the list of version history FTM 2019:-
- Oct 2019 – Version 24.4 (Build 230)
- Nov 2019 – Version 24.0.1(Build 252) – 1st Free Update
- August 2022 – Version 24.1 (Build 520) – 2nd Free Update
- February 2023 – Version 24.2 (Build 532) – 3rd Free Update
Brief Description of Family Tree Maker 2019 Update 24.2
The free update 24.2 for FTM 2019 patch contain some important fixes and enhancements in many areas across ‘Family Tree Maker’, which also include sync with Ancestry and FamilySearch browsing.
This new update, users will get critical bug fixes a new ‘Managing Relationship Tool’ has been add that allow the user to easily edit multiple relationship with any difficulty.
Version 24.2 update includes with it new key bug fixes and also has many unique features and fixes that were released in version 24.0.1 and 24.1 updates.
Who Should Get this Update?
The update is recommend for the user who are using Family Tree Maker 2019 as this contain important update for the following
- To sync with Ancestry
- To Use any FamilySearch features
- The TreeVault Antenna trees
- And also other important fixes
What Should You Do Before Updating Family Tree Make New Version 24.2 ?
Before you update – you need to keep the following terms in mind
- Make Sure FTM 2019 is installed- The updater will look for FTM 2019 version 24.0 (build 230), version 24.0.1 (build 252), or version 24.1 (build 520) before it starts running.
- Sync your trees – Now if you have been syncing successfully in FTM 2019, then you should choose to sync one more time before running the update. However, if you are upgrading from FTM 2017 and have been waiting for green weather to sync then you can choose to skip this step.
- Compact and Back up your trees – In case you have not already done so, then you must do that first, (Tools > Compact File) and make manual backups (File>Backup, here you got to ensure that you have checked the ‘Media and Restore Sync’ boxes).
- Nevertheless, if you require any further detail instruction regarding backing up your trees then you can go ahead and click here.
Family Tree Maker 2019 new update 24.2 Update Center
You should know that there are a few ways to get the free update 24.2 for FTM 2019 you can have a look at the following
- Email Notification – Recently an email update notification was sent to those who had already install and register for FTM 2019. This also include information about the update as well as a link to the ‘Update Center’. The user can choose to download it for free.
- Update Center – Now in case you are not sure if you have receive the email notification sent or you cannot find the same, then you can just click here if you would like to go directly to the Update Center.
Follow the provide on-screen instruction in the ‘Update Center’ until the end to be able to get the free download link.
Now after downloading the updater, you must close FTM 2019 and then you got to run the updater itself.
We hope that you are satisfy with the above FTM 2019 new update 24.2 information provide. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. In addition, you can connect via Live chat with experts via family tree creator support.
Hand – picked Articles
- Upgrade Family Tree Maker 2019
- How to make a family tree on Google docs
- Free update 24.1 for FTM 2019
- Using Tree Browser to manage your tree
Ans – Check that build 532 is appearing in the ‘About’ box by selecting ‘About Family Tree Maker’ from the given ‘Help’ menu (on Windows) or the FTM 2019 (on Mac).
Ans – When you are download the updater file, then you still need to run it to update your copy of FTM to version 24. And in case the on-screen instructions do not appear; try and double-click the file that you download.
Ans – If you update from 24.1 to 24.2 then your files will not be update. Nevertheless, your files can be converted to an updated format in 24.2 only if you choose to update from 24.0 or 24.0.1.
Ans – If you have questions about the update that are not answered in this article, please come to Live Chat. You can also call our Genealogist Support Number +1-800-566-7300.
Ans – You can find the names and sizes of the files below.
Windows – File name: FTM2019Updater03.exe.
Mac – File name: FTM2019Updater03.dmg