Repairing A Tree File In FTM 2017 And FTM 2019
If you need to Repair a Tree file in FTM 2017 and FTM 2019 then must go through this content quickly. In this blog, you will find the simple steps for repairing a tree file in FTM 2017 and FTM 2019. Before going to the solutions, let us see what can be the reasons that cause file damages. Some of the reasons are
- Improper shut-downs of FTM on your device
- Due to Malware and viruses
- Bad sectors on the respective hard drive
For recovering from fire damage, you need to simply restore the backup of your respective data. But if you don’t have any healthy backup then you can easily repair the damage by following the processes mentioned below.
By Compacting The Files For Repair A Tree Files
- You must first select the close option from the menu option if the family tree has been opened.
- After that, you need to go to the compact file that you need to choose from the tool’s menu.
- You need to then instantly navigate to the respective location.
- Select it quickly and then need go to the open option.
- You have to then move to the compact file window.
- There, you have to choose to perform an extended analysis checkbox.
- You have to then go to compact sections.
- Your files will get compact and then note down the percentage > ok option,
- You need to repeat the same process till you get the percentage up to 0.00%.
- Finally, you need to open the file and then need to check if still, you are facing some troubles with it or not.
To Download It From Ancestry
You can easily do it from 3 places: the plan workspace, tree browser, or the ancestry sync icon
The Plan Workplace
- First of all, you have to move ahead to the new tree tab mentioned on the plan workspace.
- After that, you need to choose to download a tree from ancestry quickly.
- You have to then find out the tree that you are willing to download.
- Go to the download tree button mentioned in the lower-right corner there.
- You have to then finally, follow the on-screen prompts and then go to the download option.
- After doing so, the download process will get started, and then depending on the size, it will take a little bit of time there.
For Downloading A Tree From Ancestry Please Follow The Given Instructions. (Only For Family Tree Maker 2019)
- First of all, move ahead to the view menu or just, or need to choose the tree drop-down list mentioned on the far left that you will find in the main toolbar.
- After doing so, you need to then go to the tree browser.
- You need to then go to the ancestry group of trees there.
- You have to then choose the tree that you need in the respective list.
- Go to the download tree button and then the download process will get a start on your device.
- Also, depending on the size of the respective tree, it will take some time.
Ancestry Sync Icon
- You have to, first of all, move ahead to the ancestry sync mentioned on the far right of the respective main toolbar.
- Go to download from ancestry option.
- After doing so, a window will appear on the screen.
- You need to then choose the tree that you need in the respective list.
- Go to the download a tree button mentioned in the bottom right corner of the respective window.
- After doing so, the download process will get started on the screen quickly.
Exporting The File as a GEDCOM For Repair A Tree File
- You need to, first of all, go to export from the respective file menu option.
- After that, go to the continue option, and then the export window will get opened on your device.
- You have to then go to the entire file and then need to change the output format quickly to GEDCOM there.
- The windows will get opened on your device and then you need to choose another option from the drop-down list quickly.
- Go to the ok option and then need to navigate to the respective location where you need to save the exported file there.
- Write down the name for the respective file and then go to the save option there.
- You have to then finally reimport this file instantly.
Thus, you need to follow the above steps for Repairing A Tree File In FTM 2017 And FTM 2019. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. You can also connect with us via genealogist live chat support. It is our free tech support service.
FAQs Question on Repairing A Tree File In FTM 2017 And FTM 2019
Ans – FTM 2019 supports older versions but it doesn’t support some of the older file types.
Ans – Yes, FTM 2019 syncs properly with ancestry.
Ans – For syncing Family Tree maker, you need to go to the sync status icon mentioned in the upper right corner of the FTM. After that, you need to go to the sync now option mentioned in the drop-down menu there.
Ans – Yes, FTM 2019 works very well on windows 11.
Ans – Version 24.1 is the most recent version of FTM.
Ans – FTM 2019 costs around $79.95 for a single copy.