Move Your FTM Source Tree Between Two Computers
If you are facing some issues while move your FTM Source Tree between two computers then must go through this content quickly. Here, you will find the simple steps for moving the FTM Source Tree between two computers. So, move ahead and must reach the professional for any related queries to FTM.
Moving Your FTM Source Tree Between Two Computers – On The First Computer
On the first computer, you need to follow the steps as follows
- First of all, open FTM 2019 on the computer instantly and then need to make a complete backup for the FTM Source tree.
- After doing so, you need to move ahead to the location of the backup file that you need to create.
- You have to then copy the file and then finally, you need to unplug the flash drive from the respective computer.
Transfer Your FTM Tree Files From One Computer To Another
On the second computer, you have to follow the steps as follows
- You have to, first of all, insert the flash drive into the USB port mentioned on the computer.
- After that, you need to copy the backup file and then have to open FTM 2019.
- Choose the file option and then have to go to the restore option there.
- You need to then choose the open option and then finally, move to the save option instantly.
- After that, go to the cancel option and then choose the view and then give a click on tree browser there,
- Or, simply, you need to go to the pop-up menu and then give a click on the tree browser quickly.
- You have to then choose TreeVault mentioned on the left and then have to choose the next option quickly.
- Go to find the FTM Source tree button and then finally, you have to choose the tree mentioned in the results for FTM Source Tree.
Thus, after following the above steps, you can instantly move your FTM Source Tree between two computers. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-800-566-7300. In addition, you can connect via Live Chat with experts via family tree creator support.
Hand – picked Articles
Ans – Yes, you can do this easily by installing FTM in your home. Not only 2 but you can install FTM on up to 3 computers.
Ans – You can transfer FTM simply from PC to Mac with the help of download software.
Ans – For transferring the FTM 2012 to a new computer, you need to simply choose the location on the hard disk. After that, you have to choose the save button for restoring the tree from the backup that you want.
Ans – Family Tree Maker can easily store all the data in separate file types and it is stored in the location: C:\Users\ [User Name].
Ans – To back up the Family Tree Maker, you need to go to the file option and then need to choose the backup option, and then finally, follow the on-screen steps for backing up the FTM.