In this blog, we will discuss How to fix when Microsoft blocked Legacy software. Need any Help Call Now +1-800-566-7300.
While installing the Legacy Software, the computer may block the software. This error comes up usually because of the Microsoft update. As we all know, Microsoft sends regular updates to the Windows 10 operating system to make sure the computer is secure.
Such an update sometimes implements a new security feature for your Windows 10 which blocks any app that does not have a requisite security signature.
Steps to fix the error – When Microsoft blocked Legacy software
- Launch Start Menu (press windows key on the keyboard)
- Type “Command Prompt”
- Then right-click on “Command Prompt” and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- The black “Command Prompt” box will come up on the screen.
- Type the following command without quotes on the “Command Prompt” screen and then hit Enter: “net user administrator /active: yes”.
- You should see the message “command completed successfully”.
- Launch Start Menu (press windows key on the keyboard) once again
- Right-click on the user-account title at the top-left of the screen.
- Then click on Sign-out.
- You will get the login screen
- Log in to the Administrator account after you type your password, and you will return to the Desktop.
- Locate and run the .exe file for the program which you want to install.
- As you have already logged into the Administrator account, the SmartScreen protection will get disable and the installation should be complete successfully.
- After you complete the installation, just log back into your regular account after logging out of the Admin account.
- Now the .exe file (Legacy setup file) will easily get downloaded and installed on the computer.
- Restart the computer and launch the Legacy Software and you will use it easily.
- If the issue persists, contact the Genealogist support number for help.