In this section, we will discuss Legacy Software Error – Out of memory. If you are looking for support you can call us our number +1-800-566-7300.
When you get the error, out of memory on Legacy Software, first of you must update your Legacy program. Download the final release (build) version. After updating, try to open the Legacy software again.
If the Legacy Software Error – Out of memory continues, follow the steps below:
Compact File: Try reducing the size of your family file by compacting it.
(click on File and select File Maintenance > Compact Family File and click Proceed.
Delete.USB Extension: Remove the Legacy folder on your hard drive files that end with a . USR extension.
For the recent version of Legacy Software: Open Documents folder on your pc and browse Legacy Family Tree\ _AppData\Usr and remove the entire USR folder.
There is no family data in any of these files, so when you remove them, it does not remove your data. Upon startup, Legacy will recreate the files to their default settings.
For earlier versions of Legacy Software: Browse into the C:\Legacy folder on your hard drive and remove the .usr files. There is no family data in any of these files, so removing them does not drop your data. Upon startup, Legacy will recreate the files to their default settings.
Run File Maintenance (File > File Maintenance > Check/Repair). Next, try to open Legacy Software again.
In addition, if the problem continues, export your records into a new Legacy family file:
- Click on File > Export > Export to a new Legacy Family File.
- Give your new family file a name and click Save and the Legacy Export screen will open.
- Click the Privacy Options button to open the Privacy Options screen.
- In the lower half of the screen, under Override Private Settings, click the Check All button and then click Save.
- In the Legacy, Export screen checkmark Include general To-Do items and then click Start the Export.
- If the AutoSource Reminder screen opens, click the Don’t Assign a Source button.
- The export will begin. When it is complete click OK.
- When asked “Would you like to open the file you just export to?” click the Yes button.
- Use the new family file and remove the old one when you are satisfied with the results.