DNA testing has gone up tremendously over the last couple of years. Today, everyone wants to have DNA tested to know about their family history and of course ancestors. A successful DNA test depends upon where you did your test. In this blog, we will focus on the test success at the 23andME DNA Test.
Get Best result from 23andME DNA Test
Set up Your Profile
- For clarity, and to get maximum matches, using your maiden name, if you are married is the best thing to do.
- If someone is adopted use your birth name to search for birth family.
- More information about you will fetch more results. So detailed self-introduction including the research interest will help.
- Mention your home city in your profile
- Birth years helps significantly to let others know your generation
- Using a nice & friendly pic in the profile helps others to have a nice impression. This makes you more approachable.
- It’s important to mention your grandparent’s birthplace.
- Family surnames assist in finding shared lineage.
- Display ancestry reports to your DNA relatives.
Invite Cousins to Connect for 23andMe DNA Test
- Click on the genetic relative name and ask to share it with others.
- Go for matches given by 23andME DNA testing has been recommended.
- Go to your connections, click on the Settings icon to choose your known related people.
Add More Information about Your Family Tree
- If your parents have also done a DNA test, include their information as well.
- Use the mother and father side filter to check which side a match of yours is likely to be on.
Using these tips helps maximize the result and usefulness of 23andMe DNA testing. Wish you happy DNA testing with the 23andMe DNA Test. If you are looking for support you can visit our website Genealogist Help or you can call us at our toll-free Number +1-800-566-7300.